Home > Acclimatization
You should always acclimatize your new coral to it's new environment:
- When it arrives float the unopened bag in your tank or sump for 20 minutes to equalize the bag water temperature with that of your tank.
- Open the bag and put the coral and the bag water in a separate container ensuring that the coral is submerged.
- Over the course of 40 minutes slowly add water from your tank to the container and discard small amounts of water from the container so that its water level stays the same as when you started.
- During this time keep an eye on the temperature of the container water - keep it within a degree or so of your tank temperature.
- Once the 40 minutes is up remove the coral from the container and place low down in your tank.
- Discard the water in the container.
- You can move the coral towards brighter light over the next week or so if you wish.